Finally I have finished this little quilt for the swap organized by Lori at Humble Quilts. The quilting is about as close as I can get it, which I think suits the scale of the miniature quilt (block size is 3 1/4″). The blocks are stitched with a diagonal grid, and the sashing is ditch stitched on either side, with a wavy line down the center, following the leaf design in the print. You may be able to make out some of the quilting if you enlarge the last photo.
I’m in the process of embroidering a label, and then I’ll pop it in the mail to my swap partner. I really hope she likes it.
Update: Two readers asked about the sashing for this little quilt, which was made using a small scrap from a previous quilt project — a remake of an antique Album quilt top. When I took the old top apart, I discovered the original sashing (which was a similar stripe) had rotted, so I replaced it with a reproduction. For the little version, I just used a small section of the repro stripe.