Finally, the quilting has begun on this poor, neglected quilt top that I finished almost two years ago. The past two Christmases I have put this quilt on the wall as a top, and felt terribly guilty that I couldn’t manage to get it quilted. Hopefully, I can complete the quilting in the next couple of months, and I’ll be able to display it correctly this Christmas.
Normally, if I were going to do diagonal quilting through this type of square sashing pattern, I would quilt through the patterned squares. However, because this is an embroidered quilt, the predominant squares having a white background, I thought it might look better to quilt through the white squares instead. I outline quilted the embroidered designs (because I didn’t want to quilt through them), and then extended the diagonal lines through the white squares. I’m really happy with the way this is turning out.