In case you’ve wondered what happened to me, I have been finishing up the 204 crepe paper flowers for Emily’s wedding (plus a few other odds and ends like garters, pocket squares, suit and bridesmaid dress alterations, etc. etc.). Gordon made these posts which will be placed down the aisle, connected by the fabric pennants I made earlier. You’d never guess they are made with PVC pipe, since we cleverly disguised them with some pink spray paint. To stabilize the posts, Gordon made round concrete bases, which (again) I cleverly disguised with some ruffled gold crepe paper. The gold ribbon is leftover from Christmas — I am a maniac for recycling all the expensive ribbons my sisters use on their packages.
These Goodwill bud vases are going to look so cute on the vintage luncheon tablecloths I made or purchased for the small cocktail tables. The vases were very light without water, so I filled them with cat litter. The large vases (also Goodwill) will be placed on the two bars. I purchased vintage paper rose leaves and some dried ferns and leaves for these bouquets because I thought most of the fake stuff looked terrible.
We will have real flowers on the banquet tables and on the stage where the ceremony will take place, as well as the bride and bridesmaid bouquets. I’m excited to see how they are going to look next to my flowers.
Emily is taking next week off, so we will have lots of time to finish up all the last minute details. I can hardly believe it’s almost here.