Recently, I purchased a couple of groups of 1930s Dresden Plate blocks in various stages of completion.   As usual with these old blocks, the muslin fabric is discolored, but all of the print pieces are in good condition.  Because I’ve made several Dresden Plate and Grandmother’s Fan type quilts, I really wanted to try something a little different with these pieces.

While I was looking through my old newspaper clippings, I found this pretty Laura Wheeler pattern that I think will work nicely.  My plan is to take the blocks apart, soak the individual pieces, then starch and re-cut them with my new templates.  It would be wonderful to find a vintage green print for the leaves and stems, but if I can’t, I’ll substitute a reproduction print or a vintage solid green.  My block pattern is 7″ finished, which is the the largest size I could draft and still accommodate the size of my quilt pieces.