Sometimes I think I should change the name of my blog. It’s not that I haven’t been working on projects — it’s just that they aren’t very quilty. Hopefully, once the wedding is over and my retirement commences (which occur on practically the same day), I will be back to making quilts.
For the past few days I’ve been working on DIY wedding projects. The napkins (120+) take about an hour to complete, including time to draw, color, stitch and hem. Here’s one of 20 I’ve completed in shades of pink and red. I think they look so cute on the vintage china plates we have been collecting over the past 6 months (both purchasing and borrowing from family members).
The little frames will hold the names of the guests with their table numbers. They are printed on cardstock and then glued to another sheet of cardstock before cutting. The frame photo was an image on an auction site — I just changed the color and shape a little.
The pennants will be strung down either side of the aisle, hooked to the corner of each chair with a crepe paper flower bouquet (another DIY project). The scalloping pinking shears belonged to Gordon’s aunt. I love the scalloped edge, but the scissors are really heavy and hurt your hand after about 5 minutes of cutting — I cut a dozen or so and then have to take a break. The fabrics are mostly new, but I used two of my favorite vintage prints. The embroidered pennants were made from some old doilies and a tablecloth. I wanted to finish this project from my stash, but I need 40 more pennants so I’ll be going to the fabric store today.