Halloween Table Topper – Finished

I’m pleased with the way this turned out, and it actually was not that difficult. The only pieces that required sewing were the jack-o-lantern and the black and white bias borders. Every other piece was applied with fusible web, requiring only a good pair of short, sharp scissors. The final size is 38″ in diameter, and I ended up using the following materials:

1 1/2 yards bottom-weight green fabric
1 yard black fabric
2/3 yard orange fabric
1/3 yard yellow fabric
small scrap of green fabric (quilt weight)
2 packages each of black & white double-wide bias tape
6 sheets Steam-a-Seam2
black Prismacolor colored pencil
black fabric marker
white acrylic paint
piece of interfacing for the jack-o-lantern

Although the Steam-a-Seam2 package claims it is washable, I was dubious. Fortunately I had a sample of one character I made as a test. When I put him through the washing machine on gentle, he came out perfect without any raveling at all — even the pencil lines looked the same. I’m very happy about this because it seemed pretty stupid to have a tablecloth that wasn’t washable.

For comparison, here is a photo of the original 5″ coaster or doily.

RSS
Follow by Email
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
16 comments
Previous Post
Next Post