Antique Album Quilt Top — Remade

The top is finally done, and I am so happy with it. The reproduction striped sashing reminds me of the original sashing (which was rotten), and the antique fabrics from my stash fit in well with the original prints. Here, once again, is the original top.

And here is the revised top, which is quite a bit smaller since I had to reduce the size of the blocks.

The weirdest thing happened when I was cleaning up these photos — I noticed that even though I fixed the incorrect block in the upper right corner of the original top, I made the same mistake on one of the half blocks in the top row of the revised quilt. I accidentally turned the interior, partial 9-patch upside down. I can’t tell you how many times I looked at that block when I was putting the top together and I never noticed it. Apparently, the same thing happened to the original quilter and it was just meant to be, so I am not changing it since it cracked me up when I saw it.

RSS
Follow by Email
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
15 comments
Previous Post
Next Post