Antique Album Quilt Blocks – Revised #2

The best part about working on these revised blocks is figuring out which little scraps to use for each piece. This is a photo of the 3 striped blocks disassembled (2 whole and 1 half) and I just realized that I missed unpicking a couple of seams).

AlbumQuilt-5a

The half block had to be sacrificed to piece the other two — this stripe was tricky because of the large repeat. One of the original blocks in this print was probably the worst job of piecing on the top — you can see it in the the photo of the whole top in the first post.

AlbumQuilt-6

AlbumQuilt-7

There is only one block each of these three prints, which is sad because they are such nice patterns. These blocks were easy to stitch, having only a couple of pieced pieces.

AlbumQuilt-10

AlbumQuilt-9

AlbumQuilt-8

Because several of the fabrics in the top were rotten, I need to make some additional blocks using my own stash of antique scraps. This print has a little yellow in it and, although there was no yellow in the original top, there were some prints with black. I think it looks all right with the rest of the blocks.

AlbumQuilt-11

There was just a little odd-shaped scrap of this print, so I didn’t have space to draw the templates correctly. Channeling the original quilter — “I don’t care about no stinking grain” – I made my own wonky block.

AlbumQuilt-12

RSS
Follow by Email
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
8 comments
Previous Post
Next Post