I am finally finishing cleaning up the scans from the Animal Paint Book. These are over-sized pages and do not fit on my scanner, so I took the book apart and ran them through our copier at school and e-mailed them to myself as a pdf. I thought this was so clever until I opened up the documents and realized they were bitmap images and they had little black specks all over them. This turned out to be more difficult to clean up than a scan with the normal brown discoloration that occurs in these old books (and I didn’t even clean up all of the spots). There’s one more batch to clean up — then I’ll make a new pdf of the whole book and add it to downloads.
This is one of my favorite old coloring/paint books, and one of these days, I am going to make something with these cute anthropomorphic animals.