It took a long time to come up with a plan for this quilt. Originally I was going to use the print fabric as an alternate block, but when I layed out the fabrics, I didn’t like it at all. Next I decided to put the embroidered blocks in a straight set with striped sashing, and use the print fabric for the back — that seemed like a good idea, but I couldn’t decide what to do in the cornerstones. Since I didn’t want to introduce a new fabric, I decided to make little blocks with quarter-square triangles.
I’m thinking there will be 12 embroidered blocks with sashing — then a border all around the outside with embroidered elephants holding each other’s tails. The blocks are now 7″ with a 1 1/2″ sashing and the elephant border will be 6″ — everything had to be reduced a bit to fit the print for the back. It’s just going to be a little circus quilt. Thanks Chelsea Ann!