ABC Embroidered Quilt Block – Zebra

When I started this quilt, I intended to embroider the blocks primarily with outline and back stitch. I hadn’t thought I would use much satin stitch, but I couldn’t figure out any other way to do this zebra — the stripes just wouldn’t look right. Also, I couldn’t find a DMC or Anchor variegated floss that I liked, so I ended up using one of those cheap “made in China” brands which was horrible to work with — especially in satin stitch. Because I was paranoid, I tested it a bunch before I decided to use it — just to make sure it wouldn’t bleed in the wash or fade in the sun. It didn’t do any of those things, but it is definitely fuzzier than the better quality floss brands and consequently is not as crisp looking and has an annoying tendency to knot. I doubt there will be another circumstance where I will resort to using it.

Just one more block to embroider — Y is for Yak.

ABC-zebra

zebra-web

RSS
Follow by Email
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
5 comments
Previous Post
Next Post