This is a DMC variegated thread and it’s very subtle — sort of a red, fuchsia, pink and orange, but it’s difficult to see in the photograph. Since the fireman drawing doesn’t have anything obvious to use as a fill for the letters, I decided to draw some flames. There are a couple of other blocks where I’m having trouble coming up with a fill pattern, but I’m sure something will come to me eventually. I’ve started sewing the second row together — just finishing up the embroidery on the last block. When it’s put together I’m going to hang it up and photograph the first two rows. I’m very happy with the way the sashing looks with the letters.