The top is done and I think it looks pretty cute. There are puckers in some of the white path pieces, but I can live with that. It’s tricky sewing the rows together since the pieces are so tiny — the flowers were easier to stitch.
I wasn’t going to post a photo of this quilt until it was finished. The quilting was almost done when I stepped back to take a look and realized I didn’t like it at all. I had quilted concentric hexagons in and around each of the flowers, avoiding the intersections where the fabric is thick. I probably wouldn’t quilt through the middle of a hexagon on a normal sized quilt, but this doll size presents a real challenge since it’s hard to make tiny stitches through all those seams. I ripped out all of the quilting, and hopefully I’ll come up with another idea soon.
The top measures 17″ x 21″. Instead of a penny for scale, I used my little sewing ruler which has inches and centimeters. Steffi pointed out to me that she didn’t know the size of an American penny until she happened to find one when she was visiting Denmark.