Today was a two-apron day! This is partly because the designs are not as elaborate (no pockets), and partly because I’m getting faster at making them. Now I officially have enough aprons for all of the guests, so I only have two more to make so the last person will be able to select from three aprons.
Coming up with a design for this first apron was tricky because I didn’t have much of either print. The facing for the scalloped hem is a different fabric, and the sash is shorter than I would have liked. This is a great project to use my large, funky floral prints, which I don’t often use in quilting. That daisy fabric on navy is so great — there are strawberries in the middle of those daisies!
Vintage cheater quilt fabric is one of my favorite things. I love the funny designs in these old prints, and this is one I’ve never seen before. This was also an easy apron — I only added a little black bias tape on the ruffle and a left-over piece of ribbon to make the bows.
I don’t feel like I’m running out of inspiration for apron making, but it will be nice to move on to some other projects.